Friday, October 3, 2008

Brazilian Soul?

Don't ask me how, don't ask me why, but lately I've been on a Brazillian soul kick. Actually I'm mad at myself because to jump into a new, weird genre like this means I'm missing out on a lot of other music. There are entire albums I carry on my ipod that I've never listened to, yet I'm digging through crates in hopes of unearthing some rare portugese speaking band. Anyway, enjoy this performance by Jorge Ben...



On the flip side, I give you my favorite song by Ben, something that may be a little more accessible for everyone...





Dare I ask what your favorite piece of Brazillian music is?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was listening to Radio DavidByrne.com while reading Pop Candy and clicked over to your blog and saw this earlier posting. You may want to listen to his Brazil selections and thanks for posting Jorge Ben, his second song is a little Michael Bubleish, a good thing!