Thursday, February 19, 2015

Cool Shit 2/19

Backcountry - survival movie out in the Canadian wilderness against a bear. Maybe. Or maybe it's that dude from Six Feet Under trying out a crazy Scottish accent controlling the bears. I don't know. I haven't seen the movie.



Time travel books that might make awesome movies.

Another conspiracy-themed show being produced. They'll always capture my interest, though rarely will they exceed my expectation (but I still can't quit you Rubicon!)

If you needed a reason why the Oscars aren't really a celebration of the best movies, enjoy these five quotes from an Academy member - a person who votes.

Speaking of the Oscars, here's a person who watched all 60 nominated films and ranked them. Obviously personally opinion based, and I can't comment too much since I haven't watched all 60 films, but there are some curious things that stand out about his rankings.

A long list of resources out there on the web, conveniently categorized. So next time you're thinking of buying something, maybe you should check these out first.

What does it feel like to kill someone? I know we all have a certain level of bravado and might even
believe we have the capability to take another human's life, but I don't think it's as simple as that once faced with the decision. I don't know. I think there's a value of life that we can't possibly rate until faced with it, and even then, it can't be easy to make what amounts to the ultimate decision for someone. (I also believe we should teach the value of life at an early age, and suggest there's nothing greater to take away, but that's just me.)

It seems like maybe Larry David doesn't enjoy to be interviewed.

What it's like to be a guard in an art museum at night. Apparently Ben Stiller was lying to us!

No comments: