Friday, November 7, 2008

I'm an idiot. UPDATED

It's stupid. It's like trying to catch an emotion, or draw serendipity. It's landing a plane on the top of a building with a meth head for a wingman.

Still I've signed up to do it.

I just registered for the NaNoWriMo.

For all of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, November is National Novel Writing Month. Basically, it's a challenge (put on yourself) to write a novel of 50,000 words or more.

Difficult yes. Especially when you do it after November's first week has passed.

Do I hope to finish? Yes. Do I expect to? Certainly not. But it's one more way to force me to write, which, why not? For any interested parties, drop a line in the comments section and you I'll give you my page on the official NaNoWriMo page.

11/9

Quick update for the 2 people that showed a small amount of interest. After having trouble starting Friday night (it's difficult when you sit in front of the computer to start writing and constantly stop and start between a number of different ideas) I have finally settled on...something.

I'm not going to say I'm in love with my idea, or that I even have a plot. But it's probably something I can at least write 50,000 words about. Whether it will come together in the next couple of weeks remains to be seen. I am having a hard time not going back and immediately editing all the writing I've already done, but I understand that would be silly when trying to get finished. 

So I have started something, and as of 5:30 PM on Sunday, I have committed 3250 words to it. Stay tuned...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

50,000 words 175 pages, not 50,000 pages.

Goose said...

oops you're right. That would have been a doozy. thanks.

Anonymous said...

Do you ever actually do work at the office or at home?

Goose said...

@boss

hey I haven't written a word of it yet.

khop said...

wow. i give you major props. i've toyed with entering that a few times myself, but have always chickened out, worried that i would end up with a manuscript of "all work and no play makes kchop a dull girl" and similar. good luck, i will be sure to weigh in with comments on yo progress!

Anonymous said...

Million dollar idea... erotic thriller about someone who gets turned on by being burned by pan-fried bacon grease.

khop said...

yay! rage on, brave macduff!