Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Links of Interest 11/25

I knew a BASE jumper. Actually, that's technically not true. I knew someone who went on to get heavily involved in BASE jumping. The hobby fit, as I could tell you some fantastic off-color stories about him, but they would probably get the site shut down. Instead, I give you this cool video of guys BASE jumping off the tallest structure in the world (I think).

I don't know nearly as much as I should about Fela Kuti. Here's a decent place to start though.

Breathing helium? Spending 12 hours a day underwater? Months on end? Yeah - all to fix a major leak in New York city's water supply. (from Gizmodo)

Who would have ever thought the movie Napoleon Dynamite would cause such a major issue in how computers tell us what movies to like?

No wonder Skittles make me so hot and bothered.

No comments: