Sunday, November 30, 2008

Nanowrimo Update 11/30: Finished!


50,195 words. And I didn't even have to cancel Thanksgiving.

This weekend was tough. I think I went into it with around 24,000 words, give or take. Maybe I had half finished. And I'll be honest, it didn't look good. I had no ending, hated it and wanted to simply forget about it. But that's the funny thing. Continuing to write, I somehow came up with a conclusion that while, wholly implausible, it definitely wasn't impossible.

I still hate it, but it's finished. So there's that.

Thanks to all of you who followed and supported. You might not buy it, but you all helped. And to all of those who might still be in the process, with a few hours to go - keep at it. It's a cool feeling when you get done.

5 comments:

Cline said...

Congrats. Now I have something to read on the flight home tomorrow after I finish World War Z. Maybe I'll be seated next to Judith Regan.

khop said...

Congrats! You must be incredibly proud of yourself! Now... where can i get my hands on a copy?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations

Anonymous said...

You wrote 15,000 words on the last 2 days? - I gotta read that...

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/461308

Goose said...

@ anonymous

I think so. It was a blur. I hated it too, and wouldn't recommend it. Honestly, the last 10,000 words reads like a movie script. I'm not sure if that's good or bad.